Donor Bill of Rights
The Angels with Paws Foundation subscribes to, and upholds, the Donor Bill of Rights.
Donations are based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that any donations merit the respect and trust of the general public and all donors and any prospective donors can have full confidence in our non-profit organization and any causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that our organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
It is always the goal to be transparent with the public of any actions taken by Angels with Paws Foundation.